Best online source for tools (miter saw this time)

Can anyone recommend a good online source for woodworking tools? I am in the market for a miter saw and a small compressor for Christmas gifts at the moment.

I'm not interested in the absolute lowest possible price. A reasonable price and good service and support would be a good combination.

Thanks

Reply to
Top Spin

almost always have the lowest or close to the lowest price. often have shipping specials. I've purchased several power tools from them and they always arrive well-packaged and ship quickly.

Mike

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

Online equivalent of the borg...

PJ

Depending on what you need...

I've had good purchasing experiences with all three, and each has had the best price I found on at least one tool. No affiliation other than as a satisfied customer.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Wilson

Lee Valley, Tool Crib, Grizzly, there are many.

Reply to
Lawrence A. Ramsey

Thanks. Their prices are almost exactly the same as the local hardware stores on the Dewalt miter saws. I might get a little savings avoiding sales tax and then paying shipping.

Reply to
Top Spin

Reply to
Top Spin

Hey, then support your local store !!!!

John

Reply to
John Horner

Exactly. Many gripe about the Borg, but then can't wait to save a few bucks on a tool bought from an online Bigger Borg.

If your local hardware store offers reasonable service and reasonable prices spend the extra few bucks to be able to fondle the tools and now there's a place to return to for help.

P.S. Unfortunately, the best supplied hardware store in this area has begun to hire a bunch of kids. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against kids in general, but I REALLY hate ignorant help in stores.

I am so, so tired with the answer: "I don't know, but if we did, it'd probably be here" pointing at the place I've been hunting for the last

20 m>
Reply to
Jim K

Precisely what I intend to do.

Reply to
Top Spin

Reply to
parr4

Reply to
Mapdude

Personally I prefer

They track several different dealers and will list each by who offer the item and who has the lowest price.

Reply to
Joseph Smith