Best Method for Protecting/Sealing Rustic Pine Furiniture - IMG_2462.JPG (0/1)

I just purchased some rustic pine furniture that was imported from Mexico. I believe the furniture has only been stained. What would be the best way to protect the finish on this furniture? I like natural look and really don't want to add any shine to the furniture.
On a small section I applied a small amount of Tung Oil Finish and it removed some of the stain. It didn't remove a a lot but it is quite noticeable. Is there something I could use that would keep the same dull luster while adding some protection to the wood?
I've attached a picture of what the furniture looks like.
Any suggestions are appreciated.
Don snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote

This is not a binary newsgroup. No attachments, please.
--
Bill

Don't see any picture..........and don't want to........send it to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking Now about your question, there are any number of preservatives on the market. Get to the BORG and flip a coin. Or try the corner hardware store. Thompson's Water Seal comes to mind
Dave

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 22:44:43 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

tube from their website briwax dot com. You might try it on another inconspicous spot forst. The amount of buffing impacts on the luster.
Rick New Mexico