Best material to use for a deck

HA! lol...:)

Reply to
Joe Bemier

Agreed. The operation is run by Rob Pelc who used to post to this news group a few years ago. "IpeDepot" is part of "Advantage Trim & Lumber Co." located a few miles from my home. I buy most of my lumber from them.

See Advantage's tour page for an idea of the scope of their operation:

no(SPAM)vasys

There's a good deal of color variation in ipe. I have some cabinet grade Argentinian ipe whose appearance is almost indistinguishable from black walnut--in fact it is sometimes sold as "Brazilian Walnut".

Reply to
J. Clarke

If you hit it with yellow dye and a coat of shellac, you get a reddish brown that looks just like mahogany with the right grain and everything.

Reply to
Todd the wood junkie

Sorry for late response - I've been on the road.

I hit it with a coat of Messimers after the buildout. Lots of vendors reccommend you oil it at least once, then let it grey out if you don't want to oil it every year.

Regards.

Reply to
Tom Banes