Best Grooves

Page 2 of 3

It's _great_ knowing I'm not alone!
Patriarch, adding in some GF Handel, too...

It's good to see someone mention Bruce Cockburn. Peggy's Kitchen Wall.

The whole Waiting For A Miracle is brilliant. The instrumentation on If I Had A Rocket Launcher alone is worth the price of admission. Speaking of Barenaked ladies (obscure segway) Ed Robinson does a fine job on their new CD Barenaked Ladies Are Me. The song Easy is very pleasant.
But.. back to what i was listening to a few moment ago... I was trying to figure out which version of I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor I like best.... is it The Arctic Monkies..or Sugababes?

OLD: Neil Young, Montezuma (whole lp) NEW: Radiohead, Creep
"Tom Watson" wrote in message

Green Onions - Booker T. And the MG's
Matchbox - Jonny Lang
Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 - J.S. Bach
You Can Call Me Al - Paul Simon
Puttin' On the Ritz - Kenny Ball and His Jazzmen
Texas Flood - Stevie Ray Vaugn and Double Trouble
She Took The Katy - Blues Brother's
Rad Gumbo - Little Feat
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/29/06
Swingman wrote:

Cajun Girl!!!!
"B A R R Y" wrote in message

Yeah buddy!!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/29/06
Tom Watson wrote:

Three Little Pigs - Green Jelly Screamin' for Vengeance - Judas Priest Impression that I get - Mighty Bosstones What is Hip? - Tower of Power Two Step - Dave Matthews Princess of the Dawn - Accept Number of the Beast - Iron Maiden Duane's Tune - Dickey Betts Band Fire Woman - Cult Precious Declaration - Collective Soul
And most of Big Bad Voodoo Daddy's or Gary Hoey's catalogs...
How Lucky - Indigo Swing Ding Dong Daddy of the D-Car Line -- Cherry Poppin' Daddies High Mas -- Carribean Carnival Turn It Around -- Carribean Carnival A Woman's Lament - Lifescapes - Ireland A Year Ago -- Kenny G Higher Connection -- Pepino D'Agostino (Close to the Heart) One For My Baby (And One More For the Road) -- Frank Sinatra Rain On Christmas -- David Sanborn Blackberry Blossum -- Picks & Sticks Stringband Cats Got The Measles -- Cathy Fink Rachel -- Rich Kowalewski, Robert Tye (Brazil Limited Edition) Something That We Do -- Clint Black (a love song that'll take you from that first kiss to that final 'so-long'" Half The Man -- Clint Black She's Got the Rhythm (I Got The Blues) -- Alan Jackson She Thinks His Name Was John -- Reba McEntire Where You End and I Begin -- Reba It's All Right To Be A Redneck -- Alan Jackson He Gets From Me -- Reba Winter Dreams -- Robert Haig Coxon Jr. Midnight Confessions -- The Grass Roots End of the World -- Skeeter Davis Obscured By Clouds -- Pink Floyd Axel F -- Harold Faltmeyer Rock & Roll Me Again -- The System Come Up The Years -- Jefferson Airplane Sound -- James (Seven) Thick As A Brick -- Jethro Tull My Boyfriends Back -- The Chiffons Pressure -- The Kinks Low Budget -- The Kinks On The Dark Side -- John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band The New Girl In School -- Jan & Dean Run, Baby Run -- Sheryl Crowe Lady Jane -- The Rolling Stones Sleep To Dream -- Fiona Apple Sometimes Love Just Aint Enough -- Patty Smith Wipe Out -- The Surfaris Pipeline -- The Routers (Hey ...a woodowrking connection!) Steven -- Alice Cooper When A Man Loves a Woman -- Michael Bolton Cigarette In The Rain -- Randy Crawford Amazing Grace -- Carlos Nakai The Hunt -- Mickey Hart
Enough already ... there are hundreds more. I grew up with Glen Miller, Tommy Dorsey etc and ALSO The Beatles ... lot of fabulous music. There isn't much of the current lot that I care to listen to and even less that I care to own.
Bill
Am I the only one in here thinking it would be a discussion on Routers vs Dado blades vs planes?
Anyways, I have a mix of Eagles, Steely Dan, Daft Punk, Blumchen, and They Might Be Giants in my workshop music player.
Am I the only one in here thinking it would be a discussion on Routers vs Dado blades vs planes?
Anyways, I have a mix of Eagles, Steely Dan, Daft Punk, Blumchen, and They Might Be Giants in my workshop music player.
Am I the only one in here thinking it would be a discussion on Routers vs Dado blades vs planes?
Anyways, I have a mix of Eagles, Steely Dan, Daft Punk, Blumchen, and They Might Be Giants in my workshop music player.
Am I the only one in here thinking it would be a discussion on Routers vs Dado blades vs planes?
Anyways, I have a mix of Eagles, Steely Dan, Daft Punk, Blumchen, and They Might Be Giants in my workshop music player.
"Robatoy" wrote in message

Hard to equal that for legacy ... except maybe Lowell George.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/29/06
Swingman wrote:

There are many memories attached to Linda Ronstadt's version of "Willing" as well.
That and Pure Prairy League, Poco---> The Running Horse image designed by the late, great Phil Hartman of SNL fame. I still think Poco is great. On my shelf, next to Beau Brummels, Buffalo Springfield. Can you say Burrrrrito Bros???? I love a lot of music, but that blue-grassy/rocky/country thing has got a piece of my soul. I'll be spinning some Poco this evening.
I know I'm going to ragged on for saying this, but they don't make them like that any more. They just don't.
*cartwheeling on out to the shop and singing*
Well now Amie what you wanna do? I think I could stay with you For a while, maybe longer if I do
Now it's come to what you want you've had your way And all the things you thought before just faded into gray And can you see That I don't know if it's you or if it's me If it's one of us I'm sure we'll both will see Won't you look at me and tell me
Amie what you wanna do? I think I could stay with you For a while, maybe longer Longer if I do
(sounded better after '78 when Vince Gill joined PPL...little know fact..)
Best get to work before Boetcher gets mad at me again... note to self: bring Decca record brush to shop to blow out with air....

He's Funny That Way - Billie Holiday
The Advent of Panurge - Gentle Giant
Karn Evil 9 - ELP
Stormy Weather - Billie Holiday
Mark (sixoneeight) = 618
Ahh, Gentle Giant...I've always enjoyed their arrangements. Tom Markem (sixoneeight) wrote:

Yeah but 33s and saw dust just are not the best of friends, but being a geek and former Shure engineering tech, where there is a will there is away. However none are available outside my abode, for me it is fair use of my LPs (1), beyond that lay the land of DCMA.
Markem 1(500 plus) 2% digitized and counting (sixoneeight) = 618

One of the best tunes of all time!
-- Mark

Anything by Bruce Cockburn.
Anything by Bob Dylan (before Infidels).
Friends of Dean Martinez.
Ani DiFranco
Best single: Four Non Blondes, "What's Up"