best glue to fix crack/split in fence post?

After I put in a new pressure treated 4x4 fence post (set in cement), it developed a 2-3 inch crack/split at a corner near the middle, probably due to exposure to rain/sun. I don't think this affects the post structurally, but I would like to fix it for cosmetic reason and to prevent it from splitting further.
I would like to put some glue into crack, clamp down and let it cure. What is the best glue for this purpose? It would have to be weatherproof (water and UV rays proof), and fill small voids. Slightly flexible would be nice too.
I'd just fill it and sand smooth. I don't think glue will hold it. Wilson

peter wrote:

man, you aren't building a piano!
but since you asked, try polyurethane glue...
dave

If the wood is thick enough, you could use a couple of bronze ringnails (the only reason I suggest this is because I happen to have a few left over from a boat project).
Maybe a couple of stainless screws. They're not too expensive if you buy only two.
--
John Snow
"If I knew what I was doing, I wouldn't be here"

What does the ring pattern look like in the post? Is the crack due to circumferential shrinkage? Is the center in the post?
If so just fill, if you try & close the crack it may just crack again elsewhere.
btw epoxy or Gorilla glue are good choices.
Is this the piano or the box for it?
Liquid nails in the caulking tube is a good choice. It dries and will never come off, is weather and temp. proof and is flexible somewhat. I have used it to glue sandstone with A+ results.
KB
--

"peter" < snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:z%gFc.793$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrddc01.gnilink.net...