Best Carbide Router Bit Quality (Overall)

I'd be interested in hearing the group's opinions on the best carbide router bit manufacturer (strictly in terms of quality) which is demonstrably still in business (i.e., answers its phones). I've been using Jesada for several years but have gathered that it may no longer be a viable point of purchase.
JC
"John M. Crossett" wrote:

JC, I now buy only Whiteside bits as I need them. None better IMO and they are made in the U.S. A. A lot of places have them. Just Google for Whiteside Router Bits.
Hoyt W.
Woodcraft sell Whiteside.

IMHO, CMT is the best, Amana, Whiteside, Freud. In that order.

router
still
several
Best quality, price not a factor?
IMO - CMT
--
Greg

"John M. Crossett" < snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
I'm using exclusively Dimar router bits. They're made in Italy and they're high quality. Never had a problem and they also have a wide variety of models... Check them out (http://www.dimarcanada.com /). They're obviously not cheap but you get what you pay for.
Wally
On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 22:57:00 GMT, "John M. Crossett"

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 22:57:00 GMT, "John M. Crossett"

I like Whiteside and CMT.
Barry
infinity. terrific quality, good prices, good support. USA made and owned.
John M. Crossett wrote:

In my view, 2 different operators with the same bit in the same material may get substantially different cutter life. Operator has more influence on cut quality and cutter life than source. A few words at the http://www.patwarner.com/faq.html link. **********************************************

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 22:57:00 GMT, "John M. Crossett"
|I'd be interested in hearing the group's opinions on the best carbide router |bit manufacturer (strictly in terms of quality) which is demonstrably still |in business (i.e., answers its phones). I've been using Jesada for several |years but have gathered that it may no longer be a viable point of |purchase.
Whiteside
After making several bad purchases based on magazine reviews (including FWW which surprised me), I only buy Frued and Whiteside. To be honest, I don't think I ever tried CMT (just for reference sake).
Whiteside are by far the best I've used although I think the Freud in many cases are just as good and are a better value.
Chuck