Best calculator for woodworking

I worked for a guy putting Tudor style boards on a house who would yell down measurements for me to cut "Make that just a c*nt hair short of 54 inches" We were surrounded by people, kids, etc. It was embarrassing.

Reply to
Gino

It's an acronymic form of: Common Units in Neander Terms.

Of course, some guys use: Common Units in Normite Terms - but these might be metric.

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

(webpage)

Reply to
Tom Watson

Is it just me or does anyone else like to wear a crown when taking Imperial measurements?

Reply to
mp

And the Mighty ....load, which Spider Robinson defines as 2.5 ....loads.

Reply to
J. Clarke

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in news:22060-41FFA6DC-325@storefull-

3151.bay.webtv.net:

Ditto that. Nothing wrong with a pencil on a scrap of wood.

A pencil makes you slow down and think about what you're trying to do.

Reply to
Nate Perkins

What is it?

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Only the cardboard versions from Burger King.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Check out OT Humor post for woodworking musicians only.

Reply to
Swingman

Wed, Feb 2, 2005, 6:00am (EST+5) n snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Nate=A0Perkins) says: Ditto that. Nothing wrong with a pencil on a scrap of wood. A pencil makes you slow down and think about what you're trying to do.

Yup. I use those inexpensive plastic Pentel type mechanical pencils. Get 5 or 6 for just $1-2. Great, no sharpening, line always the same size.

I've heard they wear out real fast, but I found out they carry spare leads, and when they stop working, just put in one of the spares, and it works again.

JOAT The first method of estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at the men he has around him.

- Niccolo Machiavelli

Reply to
J T

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in news:17318-4201643F-100@storefull-

3158.bay.webtv.net:

I use the Cadillac version. I think they cost $2 apiece.

Yep.

Reply to
Nate Perkins

Feh. Taste is extemely disputable. But are you cool enough to coolly support your arguments? That interests me.

I want to work with fractions because I want to appeal to the "old school Americans" that relate to their fathers (read "WW2 vets") that have now borrowed their way into financial security. Plus, get to work with w00d. crazeeworld.

Reply to
Jay Pique