Best Brand and Style Table Saw blade for fine woodcutting

What are your opinions of a top notch table saw blade for making very fine cuts with expensive wood i.e. Purple Heart, Ivory, Black Walnut, etc? I've heard the Pirahna by Black and Decker is good but maybe you guys know of a better one.

Reply to
Basspro*

The Freud "Glueline" blade is excellent, it is meant to cut an edge ready for jointing, the resulting cut is excellent. Now I use this on a high end cabinet saw, but good results should be obtained on less expensive tools.

JMO

Reply to
Drew

Forrest WoodWorker II is a very good blade. Expect to pay $120 or so.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

WoodWorker II by Forrest Blades

is my personal favorite. Currently on sale for $94.99.

Reply to
Eric

I find Freud blades to be exceptional and far less expensive then Forrest brand. Freud has a nice website setup to help you choose the best blade for your needs.

Reply to
Kevin

more expensive than the Forrest Woodworker II. See:

Novak Buffalo, NY - USA (Remove "SPAM" from email address to reply)

Reply to
Nova

Everyone raves about the Forrest WWII so I'll have to try it someday but in the meantime, I'm very happy with my thin kerf CMT General.

Don

Reply to
V.E. Dorn

I bought one of those Forrest WWII blades couple years back. It's the worst blade I've ever owned. It made my saw vibrate terribly bad. I put it on my radial saw and it worked a little better, but still vibrated. I like freud blades.

Donald

Reply to
Donald Phillips

WWII, you won't regret it. Never will wonder "what would the forrest have done". I have been cutting purple heart with it and the cut is _better_ than hand planing most of it because of tearout from grain reversal with the hand planes.

Alan

Reply to
Alan W

Reply to
nospambob

Speaking of Forest Blades, any reason why the founder's picture is not on the advertisements anymore?

Reply to
Mo' Sawdust