Best bit to mortise for panels--Pat Warner??

What is the best bit to mortise stiles-rails that receive panels? I recently used an up-cut solid carbide and noticed 'minor' chip-out at the top of the mortise.
Ordinary straight bit? Down-cut spiral?
--
Stoutman
www.garagewoodworks.com

I am not Pat but I use the TS for the slots and a Mortising router bit for the tennons. Using a TS is 10 times faster and easier on the equipment for making panel slots.
"Stoutman" wrote:
> What is the best bit to mortise stiles-rails that receive panels? I like a T/S with dado & zero clearance insert.
Just run them thru end for end to center groove, just like Norm does it<G>.
Lew

Yup.. ;~)
I should have added that these are stopped dadoes.
--
Stoutman
www.garagewoodworks.com

LOL... That would totally discount my suggestion.