Best Aftermarket Blade Guard?

I have a General 650 and of course the factory blade guard 'system' sucks. Looking for the best replacement blade guard. Looks like Biesemeyer and Excaliber have the nicest options. Dust collection options are a plus, too.

An thoughts or experience with these or others?

Reply to
MN Guy

i also have a 650, and i'm very interested in what you find out and ultimately your experience with whatever you choose. please post once you have results.

thanks!

--- dz

MN Guy wrote:

Reply to
David Zaret

I bought the Biesemeyer with dust collection option for my PM66. I love it. mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

I have the Biesmeyer guard and think it's great too. Bet the excalibur is just as good though.

Reply to
DarylRos

I have the Excalibur on a Jet left tilt saw. I can't imagine it would matter what saw it's on as it usually mounts to an extension table anyway,so here is my $.02. Keith

I have been using it for about a year now. I would buy it again. It was expensive and it bothers me that I could have made it myself as i have welding and machining capabilities,but i don't fret about it too much as I knew I wanted/needed to get it on the saw ASAP and not spend weeks trying to source correct tubing and such. I find that I have to move the guard out of the way alot. It wont clear my crosscut sled and I rip alot of narrow pcs that gets the fence too close to the guard. The dust collection part works better than I expected but some still gets out.

Mounting: The stock mounting system seems "light" to me.That said I didn't try it,but I would be concerned. I welded up my own and its pretty good,but there still is alot of movement at the the guard itself due the length of the tubes,the slop between the telescoping tube parts and the base where the whole guard system can be removed.

If anyone cares I could post more details, but I gotta go-

PS the end result is that it helps me work safer and thats what I care about.

Reply to
keith