Bessey or HTC clamp racks

I'm considering buying either an HTC or Bessey mobile clamp rack. Does anyone out there have any experience with either?

-- Andy Barss

Reply to
Andrew Barss

I went through a similiar decision making process. In the end, I decided I didn't want a mobile clamping station, because it's another fairly big thing on wheels in the shop, and I'm running out of space to roll things around in. Plus, I have over 50 bessey's, so I'm not sure it would've fit them all.

In the end, I made my own wall mounted clamping hanger. It's similiar to the one in the link below, but I used 3/4" plywood for the notched area. I attached it to a 2 x 2, with a slant cut into it so that gravity would tend to pull the clamps towards the wall (Wanted to prevent a door slam from knocking them off the wall). It was easy, and I got a 8' long clamp rack..I hung it on a wall near the worktable that I normally clamp up on, so it's quite convienent.

similiar to this one:

bf

Check out Grizzly 39.95

Reply to
Tom

If you go with wall mounted clamp racks, some folks liked mine. Check out pictures on abpw. They are cheap(free if made from scrap), efficient, effective. Those four little racks are hoding 24 besseys and 4 Jorgies. Size is approximately 12"X12"XA", (A=the width of the clamp bar plus (2) 1/2"PW). Be sure to glue and screw the arms to the back board, for they do carry a lot of weight.

Gary

Reply to
gary in virginia

: Andrew Barss wrote: :> I'm considering buying either an HTC or Bessey mobile clamp rack. :> Does anyone out there have any experience with either? :>

:>

:> -- Andy Barss

: I went through a similiar decision making process. In the end, I : decided I didn't want a mobile clamping station, because it's another : fairly big thing on wheels in the shop, and I'm running out of space to : roll things around in. Plus, I have over 50 bessey's, so I'm not sure : it would've fit them all.

I'm considering that as well. In my shop, both floor and wall space are at a premium, so I may go your route -- thanks for the link and info.

-- Andy

Reply to
Andrew Barss