Bessey Kbody clamps... God I feel retarded

I hate to ask but...

I got my fist K-bodies from LV the other day. I can't figure out how to get the jaw off to put them in "speader mode"

I removed the black plastic foot. I slide the jaw to the bottom and it just binds up right at the bottom as if the bar gets just a little wider (but I really don' tthink that's the case).

So, what am I missing?

-Steve

Reply to
C & S

Can you feel any burrs or unusual bumps at the bottom or around the hole? Have you tried varying how much release you're your using when you get to the bottom? Is it the same for all your Bessey Kbodies?

Reply to
Upscale

Maybe the wrong brand??? Cabinet Masters have always done that but BessyK-bodies have not. I know that Bessy has make some improvements in features similar to the Cabinet Masters and the "Spreader" function is a NEW feature. Perhaps you received some of the older style clamps which might explain some of the DEEP discounts being offered by Bessy.

Reply to
Leon

Yup that was it, A burr left from milling the hole.

Have you tried varying how much release you're your using when you get to

FWIW Both 24's, I haven't checked the 50's yet.

Thanks,

Steve

Reply to
C & S

Well, that doesn't say much for German quality. The little feet were added to compete with Jorgensens. It looks like they left out a manufacturing step when they did.

Bob

Reply to
BillyBob

Considering all the hardware that woodworkers buy, if the occasional burr somewhere is the limit to the problems encountered, then I'd say things are pretty good.

Reply to
Upscale

I'm biased by another Bessey clamp I bought that was cast so out of whack that it was unusable. I returned it for replacement 3 months ago and Bessey still has not replaced it. I still buy K-bodies, but only when they have the sales like this month.

Bob

Reply to
BillyBob

I understand completely. Along the same lines, I'm biased against Sony products because of a Sony stereo I owned some twenty years ago. I may purchase Sony products again sometime in the future, but I'll be sure to consider a dozen other manufacturers first.

Reply to
Upscale