Bessey EKT55 One Handed Edge Clamp

I'm wondering if the Bessey edge clamps have the ability to "step over" wider edging. What I'd like to do is apply 1.5" hardwood trim to 3/4" plywood such that one edge of wood is flush to top of ply (or nearly so). Will the clamp center itself on the plywood? The more I think of the physics the more I'm sure it will do so... I think it will be nice and quick to make a curved clamping caul, with a 1.5" groove in the center for the hardwood. Then just use one edge clamp in the middle of caul, placing the curved side (concave side) towards the workpiece. Maybe it will be quick and offer good results?

Just a thought.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique