Bessey clamps on clearance at HD

As of ysterday, the local HD had the Bessey Tradesman clamps on CLEARANCE. They were marked down about 30%. None of the K-Body ones were included...yet. I understand that the 'Po isn't going to carry Bessies anymore and will feature those ugly orange things. The K-Body clamps will probably go on clearance after the others are sold off. I'm in the Pacific Northwest area, so you'll have to check your local 'Po.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

ugly orange ones? the Jorgensen cabinet maker clamps? I hope they start carrying them, they are twice the clamp the besseys are, and nobody around here carries them.

Reply to
js

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.

LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

whys that funny? you dont agree?

Reply to
js

please don't get him started on this again

ugh

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

Don't worry, Mike. I'm not really taking the bait. I was casting it.

LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

I'm sorry. looks like i missed a big Bessey VS Jorgensen fight. I'm not looking to start one myself though, i just stated my opinion based on my experience. Which is all anyone can do i suppose.

Reply to
js

hehe. I understand where you're coming from, and even where LRod is coming from. I have both types of clamps - a few more of the Jorgenson's thanks to woodcraft's sale awhile ago - but I love them both, honestly. How long has it been now that I've used them? Since October? Never locked one up yet. I still use my K-bodies, of course, but the choice of clamp is generally dictated by proximity to where I'm standing, rather than a performance difference.

Mike

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

sorry. Locked one up?

Reply to
js

you can DAGS to find a LONG thread from sometime in october-2003 timeframe, but there have been reports that if you allow the sliding clamp head to slam shut against the fixed clamp head, the handle can become locked in place. I admit this is possible, and have found some at the store in this state. With care, however, you can avoid it, and it isn't very hard to "unlock" them if needed. To me, this does represent a check in the "cons" column for the jorgy clamps, but there are other "pros" for this vs. the besseys. An even wash in my estimation. More importantly, when using them to actually clamp things (what a concept, eh?) they both work extremely well. I'm not throwing any of them out, in other words.

Mike

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

Just an FYI - this also includes the bessey band clamps (normally about 37 bux) onsale for 25.00.

Picked up the last one they had - granted 25 may not be the best price in the world - but Ive been looking for 1 for a while.

Reply to
Rob V

Dave, Thanks for the heads up. Stopped in the Borg on the way home and bought the last 4 that were approx 30 inches, normally $16.84 for $10.00 each. That was the store in Linthicom SW Baltimore off rt 1.

Allen Catonsville, MD

Reply to
Allen Epps

Doubt that mine has any - the store had its' grand opening today.

Jon Endres, PE

FWIW, Coastal Tools sells Bessey Tradesman clamps for almost 30% less than HD every day.

I just paid $9.50 for the same clamp HD sells for $12.99 across the street.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

thanks, Dave. I picked up a couple myself today. 'preciate the tip.

dave

Dave wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

So your the guy who is buying them all up. Last time I went in and they were running real low. Coastal Tools Rocks !!! No affilliation just a happy customer.

Rich

Reply to
RKON

I second that emotion! Once this ice and snow stops, I'll be going to get a

40t Forrest Woodworker II. They've got it for $89, That's the best price I've seen anywhere!

wrote

Reply to
GSX

Even though we have to pay CT tax, we can have the stuff NOW at that price.

Hey, I smell a gloat!

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Thanks for the "heads up" on this - went this morning to the Depot in Fort Gratiot (Port Huron), Michigan, and did major damage to their remaining stock. The best part is that I paid for them with the gift cards that I got when I bought my K-bodies during their hand tool sale - which was a result of another "heads up" from this group.

Between these two great tips, my clamp collection has gone from anemic at best, to starting to look somewhat adequate. Thanks again.

Fred Bearman Port Huron, Michigan

Reply to
Fred

snipped,

My SWMBO asks "when will you have enough clamps" I've tried to explain the concept of an ever expanding universe and how it relates to enough clamps in the shop to no avail...

Allen Catonsville, MD

Reply to
Allen Epps