Bessey clamps on clearance at HD

Page 1 of 2
As of ysterday, the local HD had the Bessey Tradesman clamps on CLEARANCE. They were marked down about 30%. None of the K-Body ones were included...yet. I understand that the 'Po isn't going to carry Bessies anymore and will feature those ugly orange things. The K-Body clamps will probably go on clearance after the others are sold off. I'm in the Pacific Northwest area, so you'll have to check your local 'Po.
Dave
ugly orange ones? the Jorgensen cabinet maker clamps? I hope they start carrying them, they are twice the clamp the besseys are, and nobody around here carries them.

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 17:34:32 GMT, "js"

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.
LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
whys that funny? you dont agree?

please don't get him started on this again
ugh

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 18:49:56 GMT, "Mike in Mystic"
Don't worry, Mike. I'm not really taking the bait. I was casting it.
LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
I'm sorry. looks like i missed a big Bessey VS Jorgensen fight. I'm not looking to start one myself though, i just stated my opinion based on my experience. Which is all anyone can do i suppose.
wrote:

start
hehe. I understand where you're coming from, and even where LRod is coming from. I have both types of clamps - a few more of the Jorgenson's thanks to woodcraft's sale awhile ago - but I love them both, honestly. How long has it been now that I've used them? Since October? Never locked one up yet. I still use my K-bodies, of course, but the choice of clamp is generally dictated by proximity to where I'm standing, rather than a performance difference.
Mike

sorry. Locked one up?

you can DAGS to find a LONG thread from sometime in october-2003 timeframe, but there have been reports that if you allow the sliding clamp head to slam shut against the fixed clamp head, the handle can become locked in place. I admit this is possible, and have found some at the store in this state. With care, however, you can avoid it, and it isn't very hard to "unlock" them if needed. To me, this does represent a check in the "cons" column for the jorgy clamps, but there are other "pros" for this vs. the besseys. An even wash in my estimation. More importantly, when using them to actually clamp things (what a concept, eh?) they both work extremely well. I'm not throwing any of them out, in other words.
Mike
wrote:

they
Just an FYI - this also includes the bessey band clamps (normally about 37 bux) onsale for 25.00.
Picked up the last one they had - granted 25 may not be the best price in the world - but Ive been looking for 1 for a while.

Dave, Thanks for the heads up. Stopped in the Borg on the way home and bought the last 4 that were approx 30 inches, normally $16.84 for $10.00 each. That was the store in Linthicom SW Baltimore off rt 1.
Allen Catonsville, MD

Doubt that mine has any - the store had its' grand opening today.
Well, I was WRONG. Got 4 36" bessey tradesmen clamps for $10 each. Gonna go back tomorrow to clean 'em out.
Jon
message

FWIW, Coastal Tools sells Bessey Tradesman clamps for almost 30% less than HD every day.
I just paid $9.50 for the same clamp HD sells for $12.99 across the street. <G>
Barry
So your the guy who is buying them all up. Last time I went in and they were running real low. Coastal Tools Rocks !!! No affilliation just a happy customer.
Rich
in message wrote:

I second that emotion! Once this ice and snow stops, I'll be going to get a 40t Forrest Woodworker II. They've got it for $89, That's the best price I've seen anywhere!

Even though we have to pay CT tax, we can have the stuff NOW at that price.
Hey, I smell a gloat! <G>
Barry
B a r r y B u r k e J r . wrote:

The web prices seem to be different... Higher or lower? http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/clamps_vises/bessey/betg.htm?L+coastest+pbrf5650ff440344+1076159246
-- Mark
On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 21:24:59 GMT, "Mark Jerde"

The in-store prices appear to be lower.
I wonder if Bessey has an MAP program? <G>
Barry