Bessey Clamp Gloat

A local store, Woodworkers' Supply, Bedford, Texas, is having a going out of business sale.
Saturday morning I dropped in to get an early Christmas present for my son in law.
Then I spotted a pair of 98" Bessey K-body clamps (8'-2" opening!) standing next to the clamp rack. I had no idea they came that big.
An evil salesguy, aided by a couple of "helpful" fellow woodworkers, convinced me to take them. I'm pretty certain I'm the only kid on the block with these.
What will I use them for? Lord only knows. But, when the time comes... ;-)
Jim Stuyck

A local going out of business sale can't ever be a gloat.
You gained a few cheap clamps, but lost a local source. I know from experience, as we lost a Woodworker's Warehouse store a few years ago. I got a few tools at gloatable prices at the end, but now have 60 minutes of extra drive time to get things they carried, and the nice, knowledgeable folks at this particular store lost their jobs.

I understand what you write, and I am also saddened by this store's going out of business (has not been opened too long and, in my opinion, the location was horrible -- other businesses at this location didn't last long, either).
But you didn't "properly appreciate" my gloat...the BEST part I'm now revealing: When I got home I thanked my wife for my early birthday present, and she smiled. Now THAT'S a gloat.
Jim Stuyck

You suck... <G>
Jim Stuyck wrote:

I picked up a pair of these a while back from at a sale from Amazon. I think you will be surprised at the times they come in handy.
I am in the process of making molds for concrete counter tops, a project I have not done before. The molds must be level when the concrete is poured, or you will end up with a slab that is thicker at one end than the other.
I needed a pouring table that is wider than 4', as I will be pouring 2 counters at once, so I made a pair of torsion boxes, 4' x 5'. I used the clamps to clamp the 2 boxes together, making for a very stable and easy to level 5' x 8' surface. I figure that at least one of the boxes will always come in handy for assembly, anyway.
Finding a place to store the clamps was my biggest problem!
Enjoy, Harvey