Benchtop Table Saws: Ridgid TS2400 vs Bosch 4000

I'm looking for a good comparison/review of the Ridgid TS2400 vs Bosch

4000 bench table saws. From what I can tell, the TS2400 has been revised in the past few years and the reviews seem to be outdated.

I would like to build furniture and other home remodelling projects and I'm limited in my workshop space. The compact fence and portability are my two main concerns.

Bosch Pros: motor Cons: no height lock

Ridgid Pros: height lock, adjustment gears (?), Cons: heavier, unknown motor/power

The vibration and arbor flex seem to be better on these two saws as compared to less expensive benchtop saws, at least in the various older reviews.

I'd appreciate any thoughts on these saws or even other solutions for a compact workspace.

Thanks. Chris

Reply to
Chris E Forest

The original Bosch had a problem with slight drift in height setting which could cause a problem when cutting dados or rabbets.

They modified the original design to incorperate a spring that keeps tension on the height adjustment wheel/axis so it doesn't drift during use. For those with the original design - there are retrofit parts available. I had them installed on mine by a local service center.

Reply to
Steve James

Steve,

Thanks for the note and update on this feature of the saw and also you comment on the dado width issue. I ended up buying the Bosch before reading your post so I'm now about to look for the spring assembly to make sure that I don't need the retrofit.

Cheers, Chris

Steve James wrote:

Reply to
Chris E Forest

If you bought the Bosch recently it almost certainly has the spring. It is directly behind the wheel used to raise and lower the blade around the shaft. If you do need to get the replacement parts, go to the Bosch website and you can download a PDF with diagram and part numbers. My local service center didn't know anything about the retrofit but was able to order the parts and do the fix when I gave them a printout of the PDF service sheet.

Reply to
Steve James