Bench top

Have been considering buying a nice workbench top. My problem is, living in a mobile home, there is no garage or workshop. The bench has to set outside under the awning which is my work area. Will these tops hold up under these conditions? One top I am looking at is the sjoberg and will be looking at others. Thanks.
--
Paul O.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Maybe in Arizona, surely not in western Washington or Vermont.

Paul O.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com
Depends on where you live, how well the piece will be protected, and, how well you take care of it.
Personally, considering the circumstances, I'd be more inclined to make a workbench out of something somewhat less pricey. But, then again, I wouldn't spend the that kind of money for a workbench anyway when I can make a perfectly serviceable one for far far less and not worry about it when I have to do some heavy work on it.I'm afraid my work habits are kind of rough on workbenches.
Good luck which ever way you go.
--
Mike G.
snipped-for-privacy@heirloom-woods.net
Paul O. wrote:

Perhaps, if made from Cypress and laid up w/ P.U. Glue and finished with spar varnish.
John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.
http://www.shavings.net/images/Memphis/reflect_john.jpg
how about Ipe, supposed to be super hard and weather resistant...
seth