Bench Shooting Vise - Plans - Ideas

I want to make a bench shooting vise to sight in with.

I've studied some of the available commercial models and all of them leave something to be desired.

I'd like to leverage the shooting side of the group to give me some suggestions.

tom

Regards,

Tom Watson

Tom Watson

Personally, I think you're better off using sandbags... or a machine rest with sand bags. Guns vibrate when you shoot them and clamps, or resting them against hard surfaces, can cause the guns to shoot differently than they do when you hold them in your hands. This of course assumes that the gun is accurate enough enough to make a difference. ;~)

could probably be duplicated in wood to a large degree.

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

What kinds of short-comings are you trying to overcome?

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

a simple matter to line up for another round. Bags alone are fine too. I prefer a good Caldwell front rest though.

Reply to
Al