Bench Router ... how to make one ?

How do I make up a bench router . The local store has table for sale , but without the motor installed . Elsewhere I've seen plans to make the table as a project .
If I go for either of the above , what is used for the router 'engine' . Does one upturn a standard store-bought plunge router and bolt it to the underside of the table in some way ?
Anybody done this ?
Help please , I'm confused about this .
Chris
And more often than not, they are not plunge routers. JG
Bruce wrote:

Can't say how to make one. The router table essential elements are: The stand, the top and fence. Many ways to make each. One example at the http://www.patwarner.com/router_table link. *********************************************************************

Routerman P. Warner spaketh...

fixed http://www.patwarner.com/router_table.html
--
McQualude