Bench grinder recommendations

Looking for a bench grinder for my lathe tools. No Tormek in my budget, alas. Thinking of your run of the mill big box offering like Ryobi. 8" or is 6" adequate? How much HP? Wheel grit? Anything else I should look for? Any specific recommendations?
BTW ... a couple of years ago I bought a water wheel from HF in anticipation of future use. It's kind of a Tormek look-alike, but plastic. Unpacked it tonight and the arbor is too short to securely affix the wheel. Laughed out load and said thank you for the HF return policy. It's going back tomorrow.
Larry
Add pictures here
✖

I'd go with 8" for the accessory selection. There's quite a bit available in either size, but the 6" wheels should fit the 8" grinder.
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 14, 12:28 am, Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

I agree. The most used grinder I see without any question is this:
http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/2080939/29437/8in-Slow-Speed-Grinder.aspx
It is on sale from time to time fo $99 or so, and worth it. You get two things with this one you don't get with most others. First, the slow speed. That's nice. Second, the white, friable 1" wheels. I love those. Mine have lasted very, very well. They do an *excellent* job.
If you were to buy a slow speed grinder and buy friable wheels, you would spend much more than the total package price. If you buy friable wheels, don't forget to get this gizmo to clean them up and resurface them:
http://www.woodcraft.com/product/2000223/2793/wheel-dresser-diamond-tip.aspx
With normal use, mine is still works great after about 5 years of use.
Sometimes, Woodcraft just gets things right.
Robert
Add pictures here
✖
I have to second that recommendation for the Woodcraft grinder. Russ