Belated gloat

Well, it seems that I'm a bit overdue in this post, but what the hell.
A few months ago, my brother-in-law was shuffling/consolidating his worldly goods around, and asked my wife and I if we would be willing to store some of his things. As a result, we're storing (and using) his bandsaw, jointer, thickness planer, router and table, and Kreg pocket hole system. In the space of an hour, we got an almost complete shop handed to us, for the indefinite future!
I've been having a LOT of fun this fall!
Colin
On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 22:06:52 +0100, Colin B. wrote:

Hope he doesn't ask for them back when when you are in the middle of a project. :)
Would like to have a brother in law like that myself.
Paul T.
http://www.USENETHOST.com 100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous, 5$/month Only!

Ah well, that would just force me to buy all new tools, which would be a financial hardship, but a great Christmas present to myself (any time of year :-).

Well, you can't have him!

Just tell him your storage fee is the finishing of the current project. (There's been a few times I'd heard the phrase, "Can I come over to borrow my tools?")

Out of siblings, is he?
Puckdropper

NOT a gloat. You are only delaying the purchase of all of the tools mentioned once your brother in law asks for them back. I'm sure once you realize how much fun you can have that your expenditures for wood and other "must" have tools will be considerable.

So what happens if you wear them out?? You might have to buy HIM some new tools. :-)
Wayne

Well so far, they're in better shape than when they came to me. By the time I wear them out, I'll be happy to buy an equivalent replacement for him in order not to give up the (nicer) replacement I'll have bought for myself. :-)
Colin

Now that sounds like a fine plan. I intend to pre-emptively bribe him by making him something nice (and wooden) for Christmas.

Ah, but we were already planning the first of many expenditures towards this goal anyways. Basically, we already had one foot down the rabbit hole, and this just pushed us further.
Colin