Beginner question

Hi Guys!
What the heck does ATB mean on a saw blade tooth profile? I am looking for a blade to replace my OEM table saw blade (most likely the Forrest WWII), and I keep seeing ATB as the tooth spec.
Thanks! Dave

Alternate Tob Bevel http://www.dynamic-saw-blade-sharpening.com/carbide-teeth-designs.html
--
Stoutman
http://www.garagewoodworks.com
Stoutman
http://www.garagewoodworks.com
Thats Top NOT Tob.
Dam spell check!
--
Stoutman
http://www.garagewoodworks.com

I see that the link shows a tooth configurations "CTC-California Triple Chip" What is it with those people out there. ;~)

That's ok. We have the NCQC out here. North Carolina Quad Chip!

Call it what you will, but that CTC makes a whole lot of sense... to me anyway. Looks like a horsepower hawg though... If I can get something like that with a 5-degree hook and only 40 teeth, at exactly .125 wide, It might be what the doctor ordered.
And you're right, a lot of strange things come from California. A long time friend of mine, recently married a fellow from California who has a dog named Makita, which looks like an electrocuted sheepdog which just stepped out of the dryer. At about 120 pounds, that dog looks weird... like his owner, but at 200 pounds.... and both look to be perpetually stoned. (They're not users, btw)

I was thinking that it would produce saw dust that would not cause cancer for those that live in California. I know my BBQ charcoal causes cancer if you live in California. Kind of a sickly bunch. ;~)
Need to stay away from that state. Everything will kill you down there.

stoutman wrote:

Excellent! Thank you very much!
Dave Nay wrote:

That's Alternate Top Bevel. The cutting tip of the teeth is slanted to provide cleaner cutting for crosscuts. The slant alternates on adjacent teeth. Frequently there is a flat top tooth interspersed to provide a flatter bottom to the kerf. ATBR = Alternate top bevel with reker. Fred