Beer as a wood stain/dye/varnish

Are there any books that discuss the use of beer as a wood treatment ? I just can't seem to find much material on this topic, but I know beer was once used to dye/stain/lacquer wood.

Darren

... Off to paint the garden fence with that batch of Stout that turned vinegary ...

Reply to
fuggled

Knocked over a bottle on your project?

Reply to
mp

Just get some powdered milk paint like this:

the white, and instead of mixing with water, use beer or wort, or water with specialty grains steeped.

I've never tried it, but if I HAD to paint with beer, that's how I'd do it.

Reply to
Theodore Kloba

Treating wood with beer depends if you are right or left handed, the right handed method is brush or rag in right hand, beer in left hand, left handed persons reverse procedure :)

Reply to
Frank Campbell

The process involves drinking the beer first. ;-)

Nova