Beer as a wood stain/dye/varnish

Are there any books that discuss the use of beer as a wood treatment ? I just can't seem to find much material on this topic, but I know beer was once used to dye/stain/lacquer wood.
Darren
... Off to paint the garden fence with that batch of Stout that turned vinegary ...

Knocked over a bottle on your project?
Just get some powdered milk paint like this:
http://www.realmilkpaint.com/products.html
Get the white, and instead of mixing with water, use beer or wort, or water with specialty grains steeped.
I've never tried it, but if I HAD to paint with beer, that's how I'd do it.

right handed method is brush or rag in right hand, beer in left hand, left handed persons reverse procedure :)
--
http://sawdustmaking.com

snipped-for-privacy@thoushaltnotspam.hotpop.com wrote:

The process involves drinking the beer first. ;-)