bedside table

G'day All,
Has anyone got a good plan for bedside tables?
Check out American Woodworker a few months back. do a back issue search. or was it popular Woodworking?
--
Young Carpenter

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 20:12:24 +0930, "Andrew Pidgeon"

I made the one in the New Yankee Workshop, but I put a dust panel uder the drawer and used handcut dovetails in all the drawer corners. I used cherry except for the sides and back of the drawer. I also used a breadboard edge for the top and put a taper under the top to make it look thinner. The legs are tapered. I used a hand-rubbed oil finish. Everyone who sees it wants it!
I agree. I made the NYW table as my second project (I started woodworking when we bought our first house a couple of months ago.) It's a very nice clean-looking piece that extended my newbie skills without over-taxing them. Everyone I have shown it to has commented that it looks professionally done. Of course, these were all family members and friends, so they might not have been completely honest. :-) However, I am extremely proud of what I was able to accomplish with Norm's help and will post a picture of it to a.b.p.f if I can ever get my digital camera working again.
Of course, this design might not match your existing furniture, so you can ignore everything I have said so far. If you do make it, you might want to consider increasing the dimensions as it can be a bit small for a lamp, alarm clock, etc. as Norm has designed it.
Chris

Cut a piece of plywood 24 37/64" square. Set on top of concrete blocks to achieve desired height.
Gene

Cheap, fast, simple, sturdy, clean lines, sounds like a winner to me! Maybe add a handrubbed laquer finish for EXtra good looks.

Don't yew take them concrete blocks what's holdin' up my '51 pick-em-up truck. I gonna get that sucker on the road any day now. -- Eustace

Be sure to use "bedroom crafts" (BC) ply for the most distinctive results.
Swingman wrote:

Reallly??? I... um... Well... I have milk crates left over from college too. There, I said it!
When do I get arrested? The food has to be better than SWMBO's cooking. Guess I better not drop the soap though. :)
http://tinyurl.com/la85
Wrec thread not that long ago ... it apparently happens. ;>)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/24/03