bedside table

G'day All,

Has anyone got a good plan for bedside tables?

Reply to
Andrew Pidgeon

Check out American Woodworker a few months back. do a back issue search. or was it popular Woodworking?

Reply to
Young Carpenter

Reply to
Ramsey

Don't yew take them concrete blocks what's holdin' up my '51 pick-em-up truck. I gonna get that sucker on the road any day now.

-- Eustace

Reply to
Ernie Jurick

I made the one in the New Yankee Workshop, but I put a dust panel uder the drawer and used handcut dovetails in all the drawer corners. I used cherry except for the sides and back of the drawer. I also used a breadboard edge for the top and put a taper under the top to make it look thinner. The legs are tapered. I used a hand-rubbed oil finish. Everyone who sees it wants it!

Reply to
Phisherman

Cut a piece of plywood 24 37/64" square. Set on top of concrete blocks to achieve desired height.

Gene

Reply to
Gene

I agree. I made the NYW table as my second project (I started woodworking when we bought our first house a couple of months ago.) It's a very nice clean-looking piece that extended my newbie skills without over-taxing them. Everyone I have shown it to has commented that it looks professionally done. Of course, these were all family members and friends, so they might not have been completely honest. :-) However, I am extremely proud of what I was able to accomplish with Norm's help and will post a picture of it to a.b.p.f if I can ever get my digital camera working again.

Of course, this design might not match your existing furniture, so you can ignore everything I have said so far. If you do make it, you might want to consider increasing the dimensions as it can be a bit small for a lamp, alarm clock, etc. as Norm has designed it.

Chris

Reply to
Gooseman

Be sure to use "bedroom crafts" (BC) ply for the most distinctive results.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Reallly??? I... um... Well... I have milk crates left over from college too. There, I said it!

When do I get arrested? The food has to be better than SWMBO's cooking. Guess I better not drop the soap though. :)

Reply to
Silvan

thread not that long ago ... it apparently happens. ;>)

Reply to
Swingman