Bedroom Arts & Crafts Towers Finished

Page 2 of 2

My quick calculations show that would take 36 days at a very generous upload speed of 512kb/s. Thanks for getting me to pull my calculator out and change the batteries, though. One had just started to leak.
Puckdropper

I dont't know about that, LOL. Quarterly I update my Garmin GPS and "down load" a 1.8 GB file in about 2.5 hours. If my up load speed was only 1/10 of that speed, .18 GB per hour it would take 1005 hours or 41 days. LOL
I am not running at "generous speed".

Yea, Leon... get yourself a Photobucket account..free/cheap/easy.

Yea, Leon... get yourself a Photobucket account..free/cheap/easy.
Still free/cheaper/easier for me is if every one would finally upgrade to a decent news server, or what ever, like most every one has done with broad band. LOL
Leon wrote:

Doubt the generalization above holds true with "most"....
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

I'd say the generalization probably hold true to most. a.b.p.w. was pretty much deserted 6-8 months ago. Now today, I see almost as much traffic as I did a couple years ago.

I'd say that's mostly because it was approximately a year ago that many ISP's started dropping usenet access and in particular, binary newsgroups. The more recent amount of postings probably means that many of those who lost that service have finally gotten around to finding other means of accessing a.b.p.w.

"That" was what I was trying to say. ;~)
Robatoy wrote:

I second that.
--

-MIKE-

a b p w - What is that? For one, I would prefer a link. I realize everyone else knows about a p b w and fully expect scorn a derision, but thought to make the observation regardless. (;
I guess you gets what whats you pays for. Upgrade your service and you can see what the rest of us see. Sorry. I cannot help you.

First class! : )

Thank you!