Bed Question

I am working on the final details of my stickley bed. My bed is going to be a king (76" X 80"). I don't want to screw up the width by making it to small.
How much wiggle room should I shoot for on each side? 1/2" 1/4" ?? I think if it's to big it will look funny, but at the same time if I make it to small, I risk having the box spring not fit.
See ABPW for 'rough' CAD drawing. (I'm still learning this CAD stuff- No slats drawn in yet or curves)
--
Stoutman
www.garagewoodworks.com

As an FYI, here are the mattress sizes that I used when making beds:
BED SIZES Twin = 39 x 75. Twin XL = 39 x 80. 3/4 Size = 47 1/2 x 75. Full = 53 x 75. Full XL = 53 x 80. Queen = 60 x 80. Super Queen = 66 x 80. California King = 72 x 84. King = 76 x 80.
I used a half inch over these sizes in length and width in sizing the frame.
Regards,
Tom Watson
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 /

Thanks Tom, my old link to a site with those measurements is no longer valid.

I build them to have an extra 1" for the width and length.
I believe a king size box spring is two parts, you'll have to have slats and center support.
Thanks to all that responded. I am going with 1" of wiggle room all the way around.
I am going after a Stickley design (Harvey Ellis). The rendering does not have the corbels or curves in the rails. I still can't figure out how to do curves in CAD yet. (turbocad)
Posted in ABPW
--
Stoutman
www.garagewoodworks.com

What does the Stickley site state for their dimensions?
-Jim