Bed Hardware Question

Page 2 of 2
Mike, I used some hardware from Rockler for my son's first bed - a twin sized. The whole thing is solid as a rock and these were perfect. Surface mount so no M&T work. Plus they break down very easily and have the option of locking in with one screw (you'll see what I mean when you look at the link).
Good luck!
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product_details.cfm?&offerings_idW83

On 17 Jan 2005 07:24:42 -0800, the inscrutable "Mike in Arkansas"

They're sold in sets of 4, so they're probably designed for individual use, one to a corner. I'd make a T&G for them if it were my bed. It would relieve the stress. (Disclaimer: I haven't used them, but they're also used to hold workbenches together, so they should be strong enough. A Mission bed should be white oak, so the wood is strong enough. (8/4 rails, right?)
--
EAT SOYLENT McD!

Wuss! <g>

Drill the holes in the rails and use dowel centers to mark the bed posts. Screw a slat to the rails if you want a solid measuring device. That's if you haven't followed a plan and don't know that the actual center of the post should be on the mark. ;)
Do think about M&T for these rail-to-post joints. It would probably keep the squeaking down to a minimum, too. Wax before assembly.
- Yea, though I walk through the valley of Minwax, I shall stain no Cherry. http://diversify.com
On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 21:55:27 -0800, Larry Jaques

I hadn't ever thought of waxing the M&T on a bed to minimize squeaking. Thanks for a great tip.
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com