Beautiful handmade toy paddleboat for sale

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&itemY50900461&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
This finely crafted boat is handmade by a toymaker in Chester County Pennsylvania using five different species of wood. Each level of the boat is glued and pegged, then coated with five coats of high gloss polyurethane, which makes this a very durable toy. When the rubberband powered oak paddle is wound, the boat will slowly paddle the length of a bathtub. This beautiful paddleboat measures 10 inches long, 5 1/2 inches wide, and 6 inches high. It makes for a delightful interactive toy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&itemY50900461&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
Thanks for posting that here. As you know, most of us make things from wood as a hobby or a business. You've provided the inspiration for anyone here to copy it.

It's finished with polyurinestain and you already spammed us yesterday.
Thanks for the plans though. We're all woodworkers round here, so I'm sure someone has already made and sold a dozen.
On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 03:40:22 +0000, Andy Dingley

for less then your auction price, too...
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Looks like the next bid is $.06. Cheap fuel for the wood stove......
deenybird posts:

Clearing the scrap box and making 30 minute projects again?
Charlie Self "One of the common denominators I have found is that expectations rise above that which is expected." George W. Bush
Nice looking boat. Center of gravity too high to work well in bathtub though. and the poly finish looks good but doesn't hold up well to use in water. Nice shelf project though.
sweetsawdust toymaker

hmm... Interesting design... I'll put my labor force in china to work on the first thousand of them tomorrow..