Beall Tool

Just wanted to give Beall Tool, http://www.bealltool.com , a well-deserved ataboy. Unfortunately I don't have any financial interest in the company. Bought their buffing system several years ago, the Big threader 6 months ago and just got the hex nut fixture, tap handle, project book, tap handle and another 1 " tap. I lost my tap some where in the clutter of my shop and decided to spend a week cleaning up and remodeling. At the end of the week still hadn't found the tap so I called them and ordered another. Two days later found the tap! ###%#&*!!!
Quality is first rate. Be careful about getting the book, as there are a lot of cool projects which leads to and excuse to buy more of their products. I am building my version of the air-cooled nutcracker as a graduation gift for one niece and the table for another. The table will have 2 sets of legs. One as a 30" high table and another as a coffee table.
If you get tap and die sets be sure and get the tap handle! I could probably save a few bucks I wanted to spend half a day looking.
For the threading jig I bought a laminate trimmer from Harbor freight for $20. Not a quality tool but should last a long time in this application and the hardest part about threading is getting the depth of cut right. Now that the trimmer is set I cal leave it in the jig.
-- Art Ransom Lancaster,TX snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net http://tinyurl.com/clhg
yea, I got the book and figured out that his shop and home are about 10 minutes from mine. makes it even harder to not buy stuff. He is a very interesting man to meet. Look for him at tool shows. mike
: http://tinyurl.com/clhg : :