Beaded Face Frame - Kreg

Page 2 of 3
"Leon" wrote:

Those too.
Lew

That's what my wife thinks too, she wants flat doors.
Luigi

We HAVE flat doors. Who has time to clean the 5-piece ones?
On Tue, 6 Oct 2009 05:01:45 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

leaf blower
Regards,

Marilyn asks: "How do you use a leaf blower to remove grease?"
Luigi

Use a Binford 6000 leaf blower.
On Tue, 6 Oct 2009 09:28:38 -0700 (PDT), Luigi Zanasi

pressurewash first
dry with leaf blower
btw there's a bunch of canuckistanis raising hell over in the pink hammer thread i know you fellas get sorta like the yellow jackets around the time of the first frost but could you get them to keep it down?
Regards,

We HAVE flat doors. Who has time to clean the 5-piece ones?
Now I am starting to wonder about my 25 piece doors that I finished building yesterday.

Sounds like a few mullions. Show us when you're done.
I do like, and have made, complex doors. But for a 'work area' like a kitchen, Ang and I like practical.... because when we toss salads..we TOSS salads. Truth of the matter is, I put in slab doors until we made a decision what to do for doors. Just melamine with edgebanded doors. We liked them so much for day-to-day use, I re-made them with proper HPlam. Those took a lot longer to make than those I could have ordered, pre- finished, over the phone. *S*
news:f4347553-6293-4609-8aed- Sounds like a few mullions. Show us when you're done.
I do like, and have made, complex doors. But for a 'work area' like a kitchen, Ang and I like practical.... because when we toss salads..we TOSS salads. Truth of the matter is, I put in slab doors until we made a decision what to do for doors. Just melamine with edgebanded doors. We liked them so much for day-to-day use, I re-made them with proper HPlam. Those took a lot longer to make than those I could have ordered, pre- finished, over the phone. *S*
Done deal of what is done so far. Look at a.p.b.w. I have a customer that prefers in his upper end homes to use MDF for the kitchen doors. He spray paints them and is happy with them. He has done this in 3 of the homes that he has moved into.

Easier to redirect this message to you Leon. I was wondering about your CT22 vacuum. Do you use it for other cleanups or just with your Festools? I've thought seriously about making a Domino purchase and I'd be a little closer to that step if I rationalized that I'd be using the vacuum for other uses besides just as a Festool woodworking addition.
Thanks

Until about 3 years ago my clean up only involved a broom, dust pan, and trash can. I added a DC with a 20' flex hose that will reach and attach to my TS, BS, planer, drum sander , OSS, disk sander, and my router table. It will reach to most any point in my garage for the rest of what gets loose, usually that which falls through the bottom cracks under the cabinet saw. ;~)
When the Domino was introduced and I just had to have one I considered not using a shop vac along side, contrary to the Festool recommendations. I did not want to listen to the screaming shop vac that currently I had and at all costs avoided using for that very reason, so I bit the bullet and got the CT22 also. That made purchasing the 2 Festool sanders an easier consideration later on, no dust!
So for cleanup I really don't have much to clean up and mostly what does escape the DC or the CT 22 gets swept into a small lump and sucked up with the DC.
I mostly use the CT22 for the Domino, Rotex sander, and finish sander. Because I build with loose tennons more often now rather than with pocket hole screws the Kreg jig does not see as much action. BUT when I do use the Kreg pocket hole jig I hook up the CT22 using a $4 adapter and the pocket hole jig no longer makes a mess as it did in the past.
If my DC and its very accommodating 20' hose were not handy to use I would probably use the CT22 much more. It does have good suction and what I really appreciate about it is that when I have it and the Domino, Rotex sander, finish sander or my DeWalt 3/8" corded drill attached to it I can not hear it running. All of the power tools drown the CT22 out.
Keep in mind, IIRC if you buy the CT22 when you buy another Festool power tool you get a price break. Once I experienced the effectiveness and quiet of the CT22 I found myself trying to use it any time that I could. I cannot stress enough how much cleaner my shop is using the Festool sanders along side the CT22.
I would buy it all again with out hesitation knowing what I know now.

That's what I wanted to know. To my chagrin, much of my woodworking is done in the middle of my apartment living room. Noise and dust are my two biggest considerations and it sounds like a Festool vacuum is in my future.
If those vacuums have a consciousness, I wonder how embarrassed they be to find themselves doing regular home vacuuming tasks? :)

Not to worry. My wife will appropriate my shop vac for certain cleaning jobs. But makes me clean them first as to not track any dust into the house.

Well actually there is a hose and wand kit for the CT22.

I'm not Leon but as I don't have a DC system I may be able to give a better reply ;-)
I got my CT22 to go with my TS55 and starting on the slippery slope it was followed by a Domino then other green and black friends.
The CT22 does all the clean up. when using it with my festools there is usually little need for cleenup but I also have a Planer Thicknesser, pillar drill, and Kreig pocket hole jig. With the Kreig because I attach the CT22 there is now NO cleenup needed. The PT and Pillar drill however throw out too much too fast for the CT22 to get it at source so the CT22 comes after.
If you will be using it on carpet do get the "Cleaning set for tradesmen D 36 HW-RS-Plus - 454766" it has an air powered brush and 36mm hose included. You will not be sorry to have added the larger hose.
If you will only ever use it on smooth floors, as I do the, the cheaper Compact Cleaning Set - 456736 may be enough, it is for me, but I also sprang for a 36mm hose anyway.
From what you say I don't think that you will be using things that throw out a lot of chips but if you do then you may want to think later about adding a mini cyclone to the mix. The CT22 has easily enough power to cope with one.
I have one and I fill the bucket in about a week but so far have not needed to use a second CT22 bag http://meekings.selfip.com/photo-groups/more-groups/2009/woodwork/Pages / P3272106.html
When I get to build my real workshop I will get DC but for now the CT22 is it and for all the black and green except the OF1400 it gets over 90% for most it is over 99% It was my best decision after deciding to start on the slippery green and black Festool path.
--
>replace spamblock with my family name to e-mail me
>Pics at http://www.meekings.net/diving/index.shtml
Swingman wrote:

You best leave that Maui Wowee shit alone, boy.
It done made you null and void.
watson - who did inhale and still remembers...sorta
Regards,

A face frame hewn with a bearded axe, of course:
http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/ProductImages/gransforsbruks/125840.jpg
Robatoy wrote:

Ah yes ... Watson's Bearded Face Frame Jig.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08