"beadboard" table top?

The only way I would do it is if I could use a poured finish that would wind up level.

Too many nooks and crannies for the food to get trapped in otherwise.

Regards, Tom Thomas J. Watson - Cabinetmaker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania

Tom Watson

Yes it is possible.

You didn't ask but, would I do it? Not on a bet!

Reply to
Mike G

I'm making an island for my kitchen which is just about completed. I really like the look of beadboard and was wondering if it would be possible to use this as a table top if I polyurethaned it. There is 1/2 inch plywood under whatever I decide to top this with for support. It wouldn't be used for cutting or hot materials, more just to eat at. If course the edges will be trimmed out, etc.

TIA,

Reply to
lorraine

I would put 1/2" plate glass ontop

Reply to
JLucas ILS

Do you mean bReadboard?

-- Tim

-------- See my page @

(seriously needs updating)

Reply to
Tim V

A very good pick up. I bet it is what was meant, it makes far more sense. Of course, in the application he describes, I still wouldn't do it but what the heck.

Reply to
Mike G