"beadboard" table top?

I'm making an island for my kitchen which is just about completed. I really like the look of beadboard and was wondering if it would be possible to use this as a table top if I polyurethaned it. There is 1/2 inch plywood under whatever I decide to top this with for support. It wouldn't be used for cutting or hot materials, more just to eat at. If course the edges will be trimmed out, etc.
TIA,

The only way I would do it is if I could use a poured finish that would wind up level.
Too many nooks and crannies for the food to get trapped in otherwise.
Regards, Tom Thomas J. Watson - Cabinetmaker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania http://users.snip.net/~tjwatson
Yes it is possible.
You didn't ask but, would I do it? Not on a bet!
--
Mike G.
Heirloom Woods