Be careful with all tools...

Page 2 of 2

SonomaProducts.com wrote:

press has the most injury incidents. Having had one throw a pound of cast iron at me, that was clamped, I can well believe it....
Niel.

mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 04:32:09 +0000, Max wrote:

Except for the plastic tubing air lines, and the static charged dust collector... </me ducks>
--
"Keep your ass behind you"
vladimir a t mad scientist com

My personal vote is for hand chisels and utility knives. I've never hurt myself with a power tool, but I've got a whole pile of scars from neander tools. A properly sharpened chisel will hit bone before you even know you slipped. (I've got a fingertip on my left hand that is still aching like mad after almost a month)
They're all dangerous- it just depends on who you are, and what you're doing.
Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
Prometheus wrote:

I jabbed myself in the knuckle with an X-acto knife when I was 8 and it still reminds me on occasion 40+ years later.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

The "OUCH!" factor.

Before it was Yuppieized it was called "common sense", and IIRC, our 8th grade Metal & Wood Shop teacher, Mr. Workman, presented it to us something like this:
"Pay Attention, Dipsticks! You'll -need- those fingers and hands for the rest of your lives."

Yes. Use whatever works!
---------------------------------------------------- Thesaurus: Ancient reptile with excellent vocabulary http://diversify.com Dynamic Website Applications ===================================================

That's a pretty tough story to believe - at least considering what tools I use to drill holes and how I do it. I'm thinking something is missing from the explanation - like the Ryan chucked the crate to the drill chuck while holding the bit stationary...
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company

Way hard to believe. Sounds like a story that was "made up" by some one trying to make a point but does not have a clue.