Bay Area Dave on rec.photo.digital

Page 2 of 2

Let it go Charlie, just let it go... You'll *never* have to defend yourself to your friends. True courage is walking away from a fight you know you'll win.
"casting doubt"?? doesn't he know if he was a marine or not? why would he care what someone else thinks of his military career?? I agree with your suggestion he stop defending himself. :)
dave
mttt wrote:

OK, so what's the deal here, is this really Bay Area Dave, or is it the troll impersonating Bay Area Dave, or something else entirely?
yes, it's me.
dave
Dave Hinz wrote:

OK, I'm trying to understand what's going on here. Seems to me, that you post some good stuff (sturdi-floor in the other thread, for instance), and it also seems to me that Charlie posts some good stuff. It also seems that you guys just plain don't like each other.
It's odd that you choose to slug it out in public, rather than taking it private and/or just killfiling and ignoring each other. It's just so seemingly inconsistant that two people who have something helpful to say would go out of their way to, well, you know.
Dave Hinz writes:

He keeps popping through my filters, and this time, he managed to get to me. I apologize for allowing that, but not for my response to him, here and elsewhere.
If you really want a better idea of how Dave feels about other people, I suggest you do a google search, under groups, specifically (in my experience) rec.woodworking and rec.photo.digital. Then enter his name.
Enjoy.
Charlie Self "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics." Disraeli as quoted by Mark Twain
btw, Dave, when in doubt, just check the headers. I don't post from dizum.com.
dave
Dave Hinz wrote:

Or is it the troll, impersonating dave, impersonating the troll, impersonating dave. Or did I get it backwards. Well if I did, I wouldn't notice a difference.
Dave Hinz wrote:

Mon, May 3, 2004, 3:53pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net (DaveHinz) asks: OK, so what's the deal here, is this really Bay Area Dave, or is it the troll impersonating Bay Area Dave, or something else entirely?
You guy's clocks off?
It/s even more sinister than that, it's Bay Area Dave, "impersonating" Bay Area Dave.
JOAT If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them. - Phil Pastoret
JOAT asks:

Same guy, IMO.
Charlie Self "Don't let yesterday use up too much of today." Will Rogers
Nobody asked me, Charlie, but- with ankle-biters like the current attackers, you've few (legal) options but to ignore them. And hope they bugger off.
They highly overestimate their credibility, the two of them.
Nasty people "do" themselves, besides.
John