battery powered nailer

For anybody who's thinking of getting one, I got a Senco brad nailer (good timing, my back went out for a couple of days and I didn't have to lug the compressor around) and it's pretty nice. It won't quite sink a 2" brad into solid hardwood is the only drawback. The first thing I did was try it with a fully charged battery on the maximum depth setting in a piece of oak and it left about 1/4" of the brad sticking out on several trys. But I used it all day on pine trim and it worked fine.

Reply to
BUB 209

I was reading the reviews on Amazon of this product and it seems to break a LOT. I wonder if anyone else has this experience. I would love to have a brad nailer without a compressor but having one that is reliable is very important obviously.

Reply to
Dick Snyder

they must have come a long way... I don't even use my plug-in brad nailer...

Reply to
mac davis

Regarding the Air - Free 25 nailer: Thanks for hipping me to those reviews. After reading them, I called Senco and even THEY gave me the bummer story about the tool. Then I called a repair center and was informed that nearly every one they'd sold had malfunctioned. So I brought it back to Menard's like a hot potato and got the refund. In all fairness, Senco told me that improvements in the design had been made a year ago, but that it was still not intended for day in day out use.

Reply to
BUB 209

Looks like everybody else shared the experience I've had with these. I don't know what happened on this design, but even stuff not related to the battery nature of the thing were badly designed. Senco makes great stuff...usually. I really like their air tools, nice and quite. I've always thought of them as that quite humble guy who does great work while that Brad Porter guy (ie PC Brad nailer) is all loud and proud and just does an OK job.

One caution; if you get a jam, try to fix it without dissambling the nose piece. If you do, watch out. It took me more than an hour to get all the springs and pieces back in place.

BW

Reply to
Bill Wallace