battery

Does anyone have a dead Trend Airshield Pro battery pack that yo don't want? I want to try taking it apart and see if I can replace the dead cells. I will pay for the postage. Remove NOSPAM to reply offline.
Thanks Dan
--
Dan Kozar

snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMcomcast.net
Does anyone have a dead Trend Airshield Pro battery pack that yo don't want? I want to try taking it apart and see if I can replace the dead cells. I will pay for the postage. Remove NOSPAM to reply offline.
Thanks Dan
--
Dan Kozar

snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMcomcast.net
On 2/3/2014 8:52 PM, Dan Kozar wrote:

Probably going to be more trouble than it is worth and or not worth the savings of simply having it rebuilt or buying rebuilt.
This place, all over the US, can probably fill your needs at an acceptable price and stand behind their work.
http://www.batteriesplus.com/

None of the Battery stores carry this battery, besides, I want to tinker.
--
Dan Kozar

snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMcomcast.net
On 2/4/2014 2:30 PM, Dan Kozar wrote:

But tinker away.
--
Jeff

On 2/4/2014 1:45 PM, woodchucker wrote:

Yes in some cases they can actually rebuild your won pack. The prebuilt battery that I bought for our iRobot vacuum has a 1 year warranty and was $30 less expensive than the NEW battery with a 6 month warranty.
And with some of the battery packs the case is welded closed.
On 2/3/2014 9:52 PM, Dan Kozar wrote:

Are you saying that you have a pack of your own and just don't want to open and experiment on that one? Most of the time it will be pretty obvious what sort of cells are in a battery pack. My Racal has three regular tabbed Ni-Cad AA cells in it -- available most anywhere for a couple of bucks each. Most companies just don't use odd-sized cells in their packs; they design around whatever is a commodity item at the moment to save money and to future-proof the product.
On 2/4/2014 1:46 PM, BenignBodger wrote:

No basically I am saying that buying a rebuilt is much less expensive than buying new and that buying a rebuilt is economically a better choice depending on how much time you have available to putter around for the sake of saving $25~$30.
The OP stated that he wanted to "try taking it apart". So for all we know the battery may have a welded cover that might not go back together as expected once you break it open. I was offering the suggestion of having a pro replace or rebuild to save time and or the battery pack from being destroyed.
On 2/4/2014 3:10 PM, Leon wrote:

I was replying to the OP, not to your reply to the OP.
On 2/4/2014 4:35 PM, BenignBodger wrote:

ahhhhhhh, so sorry.

Guys,
What I really want is a second battery pack' without paying Trend's extremely high price. The cover is not welded shut, I'm pretty sure that it pops apart.