basic shed building Q

Page 2 of 2
And if not on gravel that can run off - and I suggest making a tray of cement that holds the gravel - keeping it from just sinking into the ground - but have the tray that holds piles of stone have holes in all corners. e.g. just have plastic pipe act as a form to keep out the cement - then knock them out.
They will drain - they will hold up the stone from just being driven into the ground.
This is a lesson learned on doing driveways. Never pave them with stone when muddy. Only dry and hard - lay down stone.
Martin
On 9/5/2011 1:20 PM, Hoosierpopi wrote:

I plan to sit the skids on a few inches of concrete blocks.
I built an 8x8 of similar design, and pulled it with my 20hp tractor. Now then 8x12 is going to be 50% heavier, so not sure dragging it around is going to be much of an option, but if I had to, then it could be possible.
Planning 6' sidewall studs and a gambrel roof. I tend to sort of play with the layout to optimize the standard building materials.
So it sounds like the 8' skids are fine; I also got that from a reputable contractor I know.