Base Cabinet Trash/Recycle Pullout

Base cabinet "accessories" are expected in today's custom kitchens and can be quite pricey. One of the most requested is a trash or "recycle center" pullout, which commercially generally start way north of $200.
With plywood leftovers, a couple of lidded trash containers of the appropriate size available at many retail mall stores, a router with template guides, and a pair of full extension over-travel drawer slides, and you can custom make one for way less than retail.
This one is simple, and cost less than $50 and a couple hours of shop time ... but fancy can be as fancy desires:
http://www.e-woodshop.net/Projects16.htm#Trash/Recycle
Strictly FWIW ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/27/08

Cool! you did good. The last shot with the lids opened caught my eye. They looked like twin toilets at first glance. ;~)
Leon wrote:

Ayup. An honest to gosh two-holer.     :-)     jo4hn
"jo4hn" wrote

LOL ... a bit cozy, but a good reason to keep the margarita machine on the other side of the kitchen.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/27/08

Margarita machine? Best margarita I ever had was at Maria's, in a basement of a church in Webster NY. (She caters to the Mexican workers in the orchards...the food is absolutely incredible..) She makes it with 2/3 white/clear tequila and 1/3 Rose's Lime Cordial. Course salt around the rim, room temperature. Presto. No machine.
Robatoy wrote:

I have two "real" Mexican family-run places nearby that to the same.
Awesome! Those drinks also go great with the fajita meat one of our vendors brings to CT from El Paso.
"On the Border" and "Chi-Chi's" are only Mexican restaurants in the sense that "Olive Garden" is an Italian joint. <G>
B A R R Y wrote:

Where is a good Mexican place these days? Haven't had decent Mexican since La Boca closed lo those many years ago.
--John
J. Clarke wrote:

La Boca reopened several years ago, with the same owner!
Puerto Vallarta in Middletown is better, in my opinion.
B A R R Y wrote:

That's good news. Have to check them both out.
--John
On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 15:24:40 -0400, "J. Clarke"

PV has other locations, run by different family members, but Middletown continues to impress me, both food and service wise.
I liked Puerto Vallarta in West Hartford but it closed a while back. I have heard raves (on chowhound.com) about a place in Enfield called Serapes, but I haven't been there myself.
Lee

_________________________________

I ate at a Chi-Chi's in London, ONtario and, even though the food wasn't even close to Maria's, it was palatable. Then we thought, "cool, there's one 10 minutes from our house in Port Huron MI," how convenient. We ate there once, the food was what it was, and (because we forgot to bring our US dollar wallet) we paid with Visa. A NEW Visa, never been used before, and issued by a Port Huron bank. 2 Days later, somebody bought $ 4000.00 worth of electronics in Washington State with our number. That was an easy one for the cops. I guess minimum wage doesn't attract the finest after all. Of course, not Chi-Chi's doing.
Ah yes, Maria. What a delightful woman. One day, after a tough day at the office in Rochester NY, we decided that the four of us could use a nice feed of Mexican food. We drove out to Webster, just to see Maria walk out the door. She saw us and said: " I feed you, but you help in the kitchen.". Her husband was still in there, and we had an absolute blast for more than 2 hours. She made us help her clean up the place too. LOL. (We took more than adequate care of the bill too.) One of those 'it-doesn't-get-better-than-this' kinda events.
Maria's is a 5 1/2 hour burn from here, but I have been tempted.
On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 05:12:59 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Killer!

CIS

Nice Yob. They do sort of remind me of the two-holer "black widow" out behind the cabin at the old East Texas deer lease.
Dave in Houston

Your talents are obvious Swingman, you are obviously a country boy. And with a few wood scraps, some hinges, some cheap toliet seats, some plastic containers and a couple of hours, you can make your very own two seater outhouse.
You are soooo..... GREEN!! You are bringing recycling to a whole new level.
"Swingman" wrote:

Been watching Norm in your spare time again, huh?
Looks neat.
Lew
"Lee Michaels" wrote

ROTFL!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/27/08

Great Idea! We (city) just started a recyling program and the "bin" they gave us to to that with is a joke.
Now if I can talk her out of that cabinet......
Frank