base cabinet construction methods

I'm building a workspace for my daughter. It'll be L-shaped, with a computer in the corner. I plan to use 3 or 4 simple plywood base cabinets spanned by a flat plywood work surface.
I've checked some books and plans regarding the base cabinet case construction. The simplest technique uses simple butt joints with biscuits. I plan to use quality veneered oak or cherry plywood where it shows, and cheaper plywood or MDF elsewhere.
Are butt joints and biscuits the "right" way to do it? What's the industry standard for this type of construction? Any recommendations?
Thanks a heap, -JBB
I have seen many rabbet joints or a variation thereof.
--
Young Carpenter

Industry standards vary according to who is building it. What you describe(four boxes with a top) can be done several ways.
Look for books on cabinet construction. Every single person on this list will do it slightly different.
I would use a combination of biscuits and pocket hole screws. I would use butt joints and yellow glue. I would use melamine for the boxes and cover them with "high end" plywood(oak,cherry,etc).
I would "buy" the raised panel doors for the boxes.
I would make the top out of two layers of 3/4" MDF and cover that with laminate.
I can send you a napkin with the "detailed drawing" for $5.00.
"J.B. Bobbitt" wrote:

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 14:58:25 GMT, Pat Barber

Keep the "original" and send xeroxes of 'em, Pat.
- - Let Exxon send their own troops - ------------------------------------------------------- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Programming