Barnes Hand Tenoning Machine

Saw this in an old woodworking manual, it looked like one of those flying cutouts from a Monty Python animation. They didn't give a description of how it worked, just a picture of a machine about the size of a 36" lathe with a big foot pedal. Always thought I'd run into at least a description of one in active use but have haven't seen anything since. I'd be very curious to find out more.
http://www.owwm.com/Agrirama/BarnesTenoningMachine.asp
BUB 209 wrote:

So cool. Thanks.