Barn Wood Salvage Buyer Needed

Hi, Fellow Woodworkers --
I'm trying to locate anyone interested in buying and dismantling an old dairy barn to salvage the wood. The barn is in New York state, between Syracuse and Watertown. I believe the barn was built about 1900, is timber framed, and quite large.
Please e-mail if you are interested or can refer me to someone who might be interested.
Thanks -- Mitch
Also post to alt.home.repair newsgroup.
On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 21:11:37 -0700, "The WoodMitch Shop"

The WoodMitch Shop wrote:

I guess you're having a barn razing...     yuk yuk     jo4hn

To raze a barn's noble.

The _first_ and widely-acknowleged as the 'best' expert at this kind of salvage work was a serf in thrall to an Englishman named William, of Occam.
Yes, he was the original Occam's _Razor_. It's been suggested that he first honed his skills on a barn owned by a barber.
The WoodMitch Shop wrote:
> I'm trying to locate anyone interested in buying and dismantling an old > dairy barn to salvage the wood. <snip>
GFL
Lew

Don't hold your breath. It took me 6 months to find someone to buy some 7x16 timbers from a barn in Rochester; and they were all stacked and ready to go.

What size is the barn and what sort of money are we thinking about?

Dear Mitch:
Have you ever torn down a barn? It is Hard work, damn hard work. It is also dangerous. Salavaging wood that is useable is slow and painstakenly demanding. It is not worth paying for. Getting someone to take it down and clean it up....you should pay them!
Mike