Barn -12'W x 20'L x 12'H Portable Building

A sign of political leanings? I mean, who is it who would possibly, when tasked with listing the Presidents in chronological order, be tempted to start with Barrack Obama?

Besides it being harder to say: "It's Butch's fault".

;)

Reply to
Swingman

The absolute best solution for those too dense to use their Next key, and/or flatly refuse to follow an accepted practice accepted long before they got here.

Reply to
Swingman

Over the years I've seen this debate many times. I've always found it was just the best policy to adopt what seems to be the norm for the group.

Mike M

Reply to
Mike M

But then you can't show that you're "different".

Reply to
krw

"geoff" babbled this bullshit...

Again, being considerate or observing basic courtesy rules is an ARGUMENT???

Logic is not your forte.

You must be lots of fun at parties. And, some how or another, we will struggle on without you.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

I suggest you, and others who top post, read the following:

since it's a long RFC, below is the pertinent part:

"If you are sending a reply to a message or a posting be sure you summarize the original at the top of the message, or include just enough text of the original to give a context. This will make sure readers understand when they start to read your response. Since NetNews, especially, is proliferated by distributing the postings from one host to another, it is possible to see a response to a message before seeing the original. Giving context helps everyone. But do not include the entire original!"

BTW, it wouldn't hurt all of us to read the entire RFC - I know it reminded me of a few things :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Quick, easy, clean, and done right _now_!

-- [Television is] the triumph of machine over people. -- Fred Allen

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Yabbut, that's email. But try to add someone to the fiftieth email, where everyone just topposts.

How much easier is it when people use interstitial posting? TONS!

Go ahead and toppost. But don't get mad when we all plonk you.

-- Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air? -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Dumbing down, maybe. Certainly too damned lazy to edit out the unimportant stuff.

Reply to
Dave

On Fri, 13 Jul 2012 14:18:26 -0500, John Shear

Hey, that's an insult. We're not jerks. We're just a bunch of old farts who are used to getting our way.

Reply to
Dave

Done.

Reply to
krw

Have you ever worked in an office with many files, Some post newest first other post newest last, I believe most I have worked in post the newest first because most like when you need a file it will be the newest, or near the front of the drawer so you do not have to dig.

Reply to
Keith Nuttle

Last time I looked, Dingleberry, or whatever his name is, doesn't frequent the wRec. :)

Reply to
Swingman

RE: Subject

You'll have to pull permits to take over the road.

12' wide can be a real problem.

DAMHIKT

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Gee, I've always filed them under the client's name, alphabetically. Or by topic, also alpha. Ditto by computer, but that's an easy resort. ;)

-- Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air? -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

AMF!

Reply to
Leon

Gosh, I need to consult a dictionary to keep up with the lingo around here! ; )

Reply to
Bill

Apparently, it is a drink.

1/2 oz Vodka 1/2 oz Rum 1/2 oz Tequila 1/2 oz Gin 1/2 oz Blue Curacao 2 oz Sour mix 2 oz 7-Up

After three of those, I would become slightly obnoxious and silly.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

A Texas expression ... and it ain't necessarily Adios "My Friend".

Reply to
Swingman

A Mucking Foron? Or are you referring to bowling ball Sportsters?