Bar Top Finish

Bar top made of 2 layers of 5/8 MDF and 1 layer of 1/4 Red Oak plywood glued up. Bar will probably wind up on the patio. (On oak barrel W/casters). After staining, how should I finish the top so it will stand up to some moisture and sun exposure? First thought was multiple coats of spar varnish.
Thanks MB
and place it under a shade tree. <g>
dave
nevems2 wrote:

I've used System 3 epoxy products under spar varnish; several coats of epoxy fairly thin, sanding between for smoothness. Spar varnish for UV protectant.