Bar Top Finish

Bar top made of 2 layers of 5/8 MDF and 1 layer of 1/4 Red Oak plywood glued up. Bar will probably wind up on the patio. (On oak barrel W/casters). After staining, how should I finish the top so it will stand up to some moisture and sun exposure? First thought was multiple coats of spar varnish.

Thanks MB

Reply to
nevems2

and place it under a shade tree.

dave

nevems2 wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

"nevems2" wrote in news:409fc3b6$1 snipped-for-privacy@corp.newsgroups.com:

I've used System 3 epoxy products under spar varnish; several coats of epoxy fairly thin, sanding between for smoothness. Spar varnish for UV protectant.

Reply to
John Daux