Bandsaw trouble

I picked up a small 10 inch band saw (delta 1953 vintage) and am having a problem tracking the blades.When I turn the pulleys by hand the blade runs in the center of the top pulley but on the very outside edge of the lower pulley. The teeth of the blade run on the rim. The pulleys lined up well maybe not perfectly co-planer but real close. A very few thousanths out at the top of the lower pulley.I am thinking of shiming the lower pulley out approx. 3/16 inch. Will this cause me more problems than it solves? Thanks for the help. Larry
--
larry in Cinci

Sounds like a fix to me.

What condition are the tires in? If they are badly shaped from wear, they might mess up the tracking. They should be slightly proud in the center and lower at the edges. Symmetric side-to-side is good.
Mike