Bandsaw tire cleaner

I stumbled across this web page from a guy that made a tire cleaner from a toothbrush head. The unique part was the mounting. His bandsaw is the same as mine, a Grizzly 555 (looking at the photos anyway) so I am going to try this. I am sharing this with the group in case the idea can work in your case.

concerns about the Rocker tire cleaner are the same as I read on their website. Of course, I welcome other ideas too. Namely, do you think the bristles on a toothbrush will have enough strength to clean the tire?

Dick

Reply to
Dick Snyder

Peronally I think the only purpose of the brush is to keep off excess debris. A little manual sandingr will clean the tire if necessary.

Reply to
Leon

I think if you start with a clean tire, it should keep the chunky stuff off. At the very least, it can't hurt.

Reply to
Joe

The version I saw did the same thing without the bracket. Use a flat handle toothbrush and heat the handle up to bend the L in it. Drill a hole and off you go.

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike O.

Good idea. I will go this way if the other way doesn't work. I happen to have some rare earth magnets and a small corner bracket so it is easy to try that way first.

Dick

Reply to
Dick Snyder