Bandsaw - Tire Brush Addition

Sorry about that, here's the correct link:

Vince

Reply to
Vince Heuring

ah- but how well did it work? I had a similar arangement for a while, I was unimpressed. Of course, cheapskate that I am, I used a "used" tooth brush.

-Dan

Reply to
Dan Valleskey

So, does the Harbor Freight magnet hold everything in place? I like the idea onna 'count of I have a no drilling clause with most of my machines.

Also, it involves magnets.

UA100, who keeps a hand full of magnets on hand for all sorts of useful reasons...

Reply to
Unisaw A100

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 19:11:45 -0500, "Cox West" vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

nononono! the nylon will build up a static charge and cause an explosion in your PVC DC pipes.

Reply to
Old Nick

HF sells those big welding magnets; if there's room in the cabinet, they would probably hold.

Do a search on 'magnet'. The pull retrieving ones that are 100#,

150#, or 250# ought to work. Those go >V>>Sorry about that, here's the correct link:
Reply to
nospam_coloradotrout

That's a good one. Static charges can only build-up on surfaces that have no means of dissipating the charge. Unless one's shop has wiring "issues", the bandsaw is grounded through the plug.

Dave

Reply to
Cox West

Yahbut, the band saw is directly below the bat tub and I'm afraid I won't be able to pull it back down from the ceiling.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

looks like we've solved another space/storage problem

hang all your tools (>coloradotrout wrote:

Reply to
nospam_coloradotrout

Hey UA. Yes, I've had it installed for over a year and a half, and it hasn't moved a bit, tho I must admit that when I first installed it I watched it like a hawk to be sure it wasn't going to come loose and end up wrecking up the saw. In answer to Dan Valleskey's question, It works great. Never had to clean the tire.

Regards, Vince

Reply to
Vince Heuring

Vince, thanks much. I dropped by Harbor Freight, pickup up the same magnet you're using for about 3 bucks, and have some old un-used dentist freebee brush in it now. Used a grinding wheel to quickly get it to the right shape. Looks pretty good. Can't really see it coming loose, but time will tell.

Dave

Reply to
Cox West