Bandsaw Template Thingie Query

Hello all -

Well, I've gotten more WW done in the shop in the last 3 days than I have in the last month. I have the General 350 set up and it's HUMMIN'! Boy oh boy! I am making a cuppla cradles and a mess o' small boxes.... SWMBO finally is doing some scroll sawing and has been chuffed at her efforts so far. This morning she asked me if I had an extra shop apron. MY kinda gal!.....

My question... I have several curved parts that I'd like to cut out with a template, and I know that it can be done on the bandsaw. I saw something

*somewhere* with a pin or some such that was near the BS blade, IIRC, that the template rode against, making for a more consistant cut. I can do the parts freehand, but would like to speed things up.

I am sure that there's something available somewhere, but I am kinda hoping for "sooner and cheaper" read: home built.... Do you have a plan or ideas on how this is set up.

Thanks in advance!

John Moorhead

Reply to
john moorhead

Take a look at the "bandsaw duplicator" available at Lee Valley Tools.

Novak Buffalo, NY - USA (Remove "SPAM" from email address to reply)

Reply to
Nova

Too bad it doesn't work with Carter roller guides... you listening, Rob?

Doug Miller

John, The thingie is called a table pin or a start pin. I have a hole in the shaper table to screw one in. Presumably a router table would also have such an accomodation. Don't exist on either bandsaw. Might be handy on a bandsaw for your application, but you probably have to build an auxiliary table with a hole for a dowel that would sit atop all or part of your current table.

[hogwash mode] That said, John, my boy, you have got to cheer down. They're gonna put you in the state home for the criminally happy. [hogwash off]

Keep up the good work. mahalo, jo4hn

john moorhead wrote:

Reply to
jo4hn

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 19:04:19 GMT, "john moorhead" wrotg:

I recently saw what you are looking for on someone's web site. Just a small piece of wood clamped to the upper guide with a pin pointing down to follow a pattern or something like that. But for the life of me I can't seem to locate it now. Maybe I saw it on one of the bandsaw guru's web sites.

John, in Minneasota

Reply to
John