Bandsaw speed

I finally received my brand new King Industrial 14", Assembling went great and everything seems to be really well done.
There's 3 speed on that saw 735, 1470 and 2350 RPM. In the manual, no blade speed. I guess the speed will depend on the type of wood and the blade width. I've googled around and didn't find an answer for my question. So, is there a rule of thumb on which I can base my speed settings ?

blade
is
Metal slower, wood faster.
My question relates to wood. So the harder the wood the slower the blade I guess.

No. Run it at the highest speed for ALL wood. Slow for metal as another poster told you.
David
Junkyard Engineer wrote:

735 = most metal 1470 = aluminum or plastic 2350 = wood or styrofoam
For wood, run it at 100% For non ferrous metals and plastics, run it at 75% For other metals, run it 50%

OK thanks guys

On King's web page the show it as 735-1,470-2,350) SFPM which I though was the speed for the blade and not the RPM of the drive. Nice saw.

funny enough, it's written RPM in the operation manual... damned translation from taiwanese to english....