Bandsaw riser block question

I'm about to buy a bandsaw, and want to know what the general usage of riser blocks is .. Is it standard procedure to install them and leave them in, or is it desirable to remove them when the additional height is not needed ? Rephrased, does the use of riser blocks cause increased tuning / adjustment problems?
My thoughts are that I am eventually (soon) going to want to do some resawing or cutting thick blocks and will require the riser blocks. Also, I figure I should probably get the kit up front so I don't have any problem (time or availability) when I finally do want it. If there are no issues with leaving the riser blocks in, then I would only need one set of blades rather than 2.
For the past 7 years I have had a sears variable speed 3 wheel 11" bandsaw. The primary limitation has been 3 1/2" cutting height. Recently I have not been able to tension it enough. I have yet to call sears to price a new spring, if they still have parts, but fixing it I would still leave me with limitations that have bugged me for 6 years. I frequently cut plastics, which is why a new saw is desirable to be multi speed. If it can be fixed relatively cheaply, I will.
About the saws I am looking at - 14" multi speed capable, enclosed motor I have narrowed it down to two, with the essential differences that I know of so far
Delta 28-206 2 speed 16" table, , fast tension release King KC-1433fx 3 speed, 15" table,
both have: 9 spoke wheels, enclosed motor, micro adjusts, 1 hp motor
Comments would be appreciated.
--
M. Silver
snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca

You just install it once, and leave it in.

I can't comment on those saws specifically, but my saw has a tension release lever which is _extremly_ handy.
By the time you add the riser block and a couple of other accessories to the price, you are getting close to something like this:
http://www.grizzly.com/products/item.cfm?itemnumber=G0513
Wayne

Thanks for the info
Adding the riser blocks up front and needing only one set of blades is what I needed to know.
I will look into the other bandsaws that have been recommended, but I kind of want my equipment to be able to serviced locally should I need it. The dealer for Delta and King are one in the same here and literally around the corner from me.
Matt