Bandsaw rip fence suggestion for Jet 12"

I have a Jet JWBS-12 bandsaw and I am looking to install a rip fence. The Jet rip fence for this saw, Jet 708917 JWBS-12RF ($59.99 amazon), did not have any favorable reviews. The only other possible option I could find is the Fasttrak Bandsaw fence ($79.99 amazon). This looks like a nicer fence but it is unclear if it will fit the table on the 12" Jet bandsaw. I am not afraid of some drilling and minor modifications, so I suspect I could get it to work. Does anyone have any suggestions and experience with rip fences on the Jet JWBS-12?
John A

Two short boards mounted 90 degrees to each other and a clamp works. For re-sawing it has the advantage of being higher than a commercial fence and it easily adjusted to follow the blade track.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Yes, the more I think about it, maybe that would be adequate for my uses. Sometimes simpler is better. I can likely find a better use of $80.
John A

Look at Duginskie or similar and make one with a pivot point for the absolute least resistance in sawing. Remember, you want the closest part of the circle or angle just prior to the teeth.

I bought the Fastrak, and managed to mount it to the Jet 16 I bought as while back. Were I to do it again, I would do as Ed suggested, and build my own. The level of accuracy required for a bandsaw fence is well within the range of most woodworkers' capability.
Patriarch
For a very nice version of "home made", check out Ken Vaughn's : http://home.earthlink.net/~kvaughn65/other.html
Patriarch wrote:

Hi John:
I built a simple 90 fence out of MDF (melamine actually) with one face 5: high and the other one 3" high. I simply clamped it where I needed it (on my JET 12" BS). Never found a need for anything fancier and still use it on my JET 14" BS (sold the 12").
Good luck Rob
--

http://www.robswoodworking.com