Bandsaw resawing question

Well I could just experiment, but as there seems to be a vast amount on knowledge and experience here.
I am going to resaw some of the walnut cut offs to make some boxes.
I have a Delta wood and metal cutting bandsaw, would using the gearing and slower speed in the metal cutting mode be better? If so how many fps should the saw be set at to start the experiment?
Mark (sixoneeight) = 618

The slower speed certainly would result in slower cutting. I would go with the fastest and or around 3000 fpm.
On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 15:35:16 +0000, Leon wrote:

Whats the advantage of the faster rate over the slower one? I'm a a beginner.

Hopefully someone will answer that, but slower cutting speeds in the metal cutting mode makes it easier to control the material. More torque through gearing on my bandsaw. Fast though was the way to go, thanks again Leon.
Mark (sixoneeight) = 618
On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 15:35:16 GMT, "Leon"

Thanks Leon the experiment has gone well, I recently acquired a Wood Slicer 1/2 inch blade. With the new spring, cool blocks taking time to set it up. I even have a nice 1/16 inch piece of unintended veneer, as well some nice 3/8 sides for a nested box setup.
It is the tools ain't it.
Mark (sixoneeight) = 618
Go with the faster speed and a 1/2" blade. The faster speed will cut faster and not strain the motor as much. Let the blade do the cutting and don't push to hard.